Antique Furniture/Antique chair

Question
chair 1
chair 1  

chair 2
chair 2  
I have a chair that I would like to restore but want more information about it. It is a mission style wrap around arm chair. There is a tag on the back that says "Dubin Company Office Furniture and Equipment Philidelphia". It has all original parts except for the casters.I want to restore it for use with my roll top desk. Can you give me any information about the chair and the best way to keep the best value if I do restore it.

Answer
because of the present condition of the surfaces, any proper restoration, stripping, gentle sanding, staining, and lacquer or shellac applied correctly and smoothly will enhance both the esthetic and monetary values.

polyurethane is best left in the store.

i use a similar chair myself, they are sturdy and comfortable.  one of those things that can be found today at reasonable prices but i do believe in 8-10 years will cost in the 500-600 range or more.

these arent really considered mission but do have some characteristics, the back rests, and the straight functionality without gaudy and pretentious decoration.  i love these institutional chairs.  made for offices, schools and the gubermint.

Antique Furniture

robert klein