Antique Furniture/Antique Single Arm (one arm) Chairs

Question
chairs
chairs  
I have a pair of what I believe to be Eastlake Victorian era chairs, but they each have only a single arm. I'm pretty sure these are walnut. I was trying to get information on them before attempting to sell them, but the single arm design seems very rare. Any information you may have would be very much appreciated.

Answer

your are correct that they are eastlake and in walnut.  these are part of a parlor set for ladies seating due to the type of dress worn and the fact that in the day people sat more formal or proper and did not lounge back when conversing or drinking tea.  it was actually considered rude for one to lounge back when engaging in conversation.

they should sell at 350-400 each but will not be an easy sell since the rest of the set is gone.  if they were opposing chairs they might sell better.

unusual to find in such good condition, not rare, but unusual.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein