Antique Furniture/Armchairs

Question
Chair Front
Chair Front  

Chair Back
Chair Back  
I have no clue about this chairs...all I need to know is if their old enough to be consider as vintage? All it said underneath the chairs is the name of materials used and registry # CAL-8951...Also there are little heavy.

Thanks!

Answer
hello,

this chair is not really in my area of expertise.  it appears to be 1950-70s but without seeing it in the raw it is impossible to say.

'vintage' actually is a term used to describe wines and was adapted by some clever soul to apply to anything aged in order to give it validity, predominance, personality and value.

the term fits the chairs and most items with age be it 30 or 50 years past.  to call these chairs vintage would then be appropriate.  they are of the style usually done in maple wood and would be called colonial revival in styling.

Antique Furniture

robert klein