Antique Furniture/Baker secretary desk

Question
Baker Desk
Baker Desk  

Baker Desk
Baker Desk  
I am planning on buying a baker desk.  The owner is asking $500.00.  Is that to much money.  I am not familiar with Baker.
Measurement 42" x 24" x 22"
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Answer
Hi Monika,

This Baker desk is an vintage example of the fine craftmanship that the Baker Furniture
Company was noted for when they were turnng out exaqmples of quality furniture in their
Holland Michigan facility. The Baker compnay was purchased by the Kolher plumbing
company and the bean counters at Kolher felt that they could make the furniture  in North Carolina for less money. That marked the begining of the end for the Baker brand.

I am not able to see the condtion of the tooled leather top but if it does not have issues
than I would say the asking price is within reason.  If the leather needs asttention than
that coud cost more than the purchase price to restore, so keep that in mind.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III