Antique Furniture/Baker secretary desk

Baker Desk
Baker Desk  

Baker Desk
Baker Desk  
I am planning on buying a baker desk.  The owner is asking $500.00.  Is that to much money.  I am not familiar with Baker.
Measurement 42" x 24" x 22"
Any help is appreciated.

Hi Monika,

This Baker desk is an vintage example of the fine craftmanship that the Baker Furniture
Company was noted for when they were turnng out exaqmples of quality furniture in their
Holland Michigan facility. The Baker compnay was purchased by the Kolher plumbing
company and the bean counters at Kolher felt that they could make the furniture  in North Carolina for less money. That marked the begining of the end for the Baker brand.

I am not able to see the condtion of the tooled leather top but if it does not have issues
than I would say the asking price is within reason.  If the leather needs asttention than
that coud cost more than the purchase price to restore, so keep that in mind.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.