Antique Furniture/Chair

Question
front
front  

back
back  
"I saw this chair last weekend at a friends house.  She bought it at a moving sale was told it was a bachelors' chair.  It's so usual I'd like more history on it.  Thanks!"

Answer
1890-1910 oak dining chair that was part of a set at one time.  from the 'golden oak' period and could have come from the grand rapids mi area as that was the center of furniture manufacturing at the time although there were thousands of manufacturers across the country at that time.

very unusual design, with a flair of art nouveau at the top.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein