Antique Furniture/is this dining table worth restoring?

Question
Table
Table  
Hi Bob,
My grandparent's purchased this dining table second-hand in Chicago in the 1950s. It's been in storage for the past ten years and now I have the opportunity to claim it. I'm a furniture novice, so I don't even know if this is a particularly notable piece, or how much it may cost to have it professionally refinished. The tabletop is is 4'x5' plus three 1' leafs. There is a worn decal on the underside that says "Peck & Hills" which I understand to be a retailer rather than manufacturer. I appreciate your guidance on the style, likely age and potential (restored) value. I'm likely to restore it regardless of value as I'd love to have my grandmother's table in my house. Thanks.
Grant

Answer
i commend you on wahting to keep family heirlooms.

the table is colonial revival style in the jacobean form made in the 1920s.  top will be either walnut or mahogany veneer, most likely walnut.  rest is sweet gum wood.

restoration would be high, about 1000-1500 minimum depending on where you are and if finished properly and professionally that would be the worth, the cost of restoration.

Antique Furniture

robert klein