Antique Furniture/Chair with unusual arms

Mel Huggins wrote at 2013-09-03 02:00:35
It's called a Planter's Chair. The West Indies/Caribbean version is called West Indian or Caribbean Planter's Chair. Strangely it was used by slave owners at the end of the day to lay back & relax while a slave washed their feet. The extended arms were used to prompt up their feet after & relax. Though it was the slaves that did the actual planting.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.