Antique Furniture/Help to identify and old overstuffed armchair

DressDr wrote at 2015-03-15 04:27:42
Whoa! I would not day it's worthless. It's a beauty and the previous post is spot on. Unless you plan to acquire specialized tools, materials and skills it's best to leave the re-do to the pros.I am learning the craft myself and have been surprised how intensive and involved the process can be. That chair truly would be a treasure enjoyed for generations more but not so if done improperly. The heirloom furniture I inherited is s aging and failing after only a few years of regular use because whoever redid them cut corners. I encourage you to either make the investment in excellent professionals or seek out a class at a technical college or professional training program. It is SO rewarding to so it yourself and properly if you imagine enjoying the chair for many years. BEST of luck! Oh, and if you suspect the springs are original, re-use don't replace. Those can last eons.....

robert klein wrote at 2015-07-31 16:04:36
I am curious whether or not you have completed your project.  I know you thought the springs would be a problem but once you get inside the chair you will see how to tie them in many how to books although having them retied properly is the key.

Let me know how it comes out

Antique Furniture

robert klein