Antique Furniture/Identify chair style & value

Question
Blue chair 1
Blue chair 1  

Blue chair 2
Blue chair 2  
Please help me identify the style of two chairs. They were found in a barn loft storage mid-20th c. and I was told they are Early Americana. They both have wheels on front legs. One has arms, the other is a slipper type chair. Value?

Answer

Hi Dee,

What you have I believe is part of an original set of dining chairs in the late Victorian
style, circa 1895.

While they appear to have been refinished and obviously re-upholstered, they make a fine
presentation.

Unfortunately, this style of furniture is, price-wise in sort of a free-fall.  I see
chairs like these going begging for $100. to $200. Unless you can connect with a buyer
that has an appreciation for the period or has a Victorian home and would like to give
you chairs a good home, perhaps you could start out by asking a bit more.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III