Antique Furniture/JL Witz Antique Bedroom Suite Furniture

Witz antique furniture1
Witz antique furniture  

JL Witz stamp
JL Witz stamp  
I have a whole bedroom suite made by JL Witz.  On the back of the headboard it's stamped J.L. Witz Furn. Corp. NO 217.  My wife painted the furniture years ago.  We have the double bed, dresser, vanity with mirror and bench.
We are considering selling the furniture since we are moving and will not have the room it.
How much would you say this complete set is worth?
Thank you for your response.

If there was any real value in this set, it would have been in it's original wood finish,
and not painted.

Furniture in general like your set is not so popular in todays marketplace, so therefore I
feel this painted set is worth just north or south of $400.

Good luck finding a home for it.

Geoerge E. Harriosn III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.