Antique Furniture/landstrom buffet

landstrom buffet
landstrom buffet  
QUESTION: Would like to know what this is worth. Label says landstrom 1879. Thank u

ANSWER: Hi Heather,

While the Landstrom furniture company was founded in 1879 in Rockport, IL. I date your
sideboard to about 1920.

Since demand for pieces like this have fallen somewhat dramatically in recent years I would place a value of perhaps $300 to $350 on your piece.

Good Luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

QUESTION: Hi George.

Took a couple more pics I wasn't sure if these would tell you anymore about the piece. Thank you

Hello again Heather,

Thanks for sending along the additional photo's.  While I can confirm by the attached
label that your sideboard is indeed made by The Landstrom furniture company , it does
not change the present values or state of the market.  Most furniture values of this
style and vintage are in a free-fall.

Having friends  tin high places in the antique trade, I might add the overwhelming
conscience is that it is not about the economy but rather the present youth of America.
Some call it poor parenting for not teaching their children how to appreciate their
heritage. Instead many parents have taken the approach, "Ok, go off to your room
and play with your computer" or give them an I-Phone and let them vegitate!
Why, we don't really teach history in our schools today. The world has become a breeding
grounds for technology, not things that are old, like grandmom.

If I sound bitter to you, it is because I am. I personally find it sad what is happeing
in general to the world of antiques in the name of technology.

While there are exceptions to the rule, the general lack of intersst has reached
epidemic proportions with no recovery in sight.

Hence goes the values  of pieces like yours.

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.