Antique Furniture/Platform rocker ca 1880s

Question
Platform rocker front
Platform rocker front  

Platform rocker front detail
Platform rocker front  
This rocker has no manufacturer information on it.  It's only distinctive features are the woodworking on the front and sides.  It has a 2 coil spring set on each side of the rocker mechanism.

Can you help us value this piece and provide any insight into it manufacture.

Thank you for your time in addressing these questions.

Answer
walnut platform rocker from 1880.  as to manufacturer, there were about 5000 furniture manufacturers in operation so without a label no one can tell you.  these were popular and made by many companies.  

I suspect that the roll at the top covers more wood that was originally exposed, hopefully it was not cut off straight at some time.

fair market value in a shop would be 300-450.

Antique Furniture

robert klein