Antique Furniture/vtg.drum table

drum table
drum table  
I purchased this drum table several years ago at a yard sale. It has the numbers,638 and 1502 as well as the words Warsaw Furniture Mfg., Warsaw Ky. written in blue on the underside.
It is a glued, not dovetailed piece and has two flip up storage areas as well as two drawers. The handles and leg tips are an antiqued brass. I cannot find anyone with a table like this. can you give me some input as to the originality and possible value. it measures 2 1/2' tall, 36" across the top and the drum is about 5" deep.

Hi Tracy,

What you have is a table that was built to a price and not to a standard, hence the
absence of 4 dovetailed drawers.  While the flip up tops are an alternative means for
accessing storage, it is not a substitute for building the table in an authentic manor.
It was a simple way to take advantage of extra space without going to the trouble or
expense of fabricating two additional drawers.  The original designs were taken from
an English rent table. going back to the 18th century.

My guess is the reason you were not able to find a duplicate 1940's table is because
I am sure that this model was short lived in the Warsaw catalogs.  I place a value of
$200. if it is in clean condition.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.