Antique Furniture/West Michigan Furniture Bed Value

Antique Bed
Antique Bed  

Antique Bed
Antique Bed  
Mr. Harrison,

I have a bed that I am looking for some value on, and after some quick internet searching, finding not much info about the bed specifically, I came across this site.  I would love to know more about this bed and an approximate value.  I have attached a photo.  It is from West Michigan Furniture Company (metal plate on inside headboard) and bears a sticker above it from the Mahogany Association with #125.  I also have a matching dresser, as well as a chest of drawers which my parents currently are using.  It is in fairly good condition, with various scratches from my son using it for the last few years.  We received it from my grandma, who had gotten it from her sister-in-law prior to that.  Any info you can provide me about this bed, and even the dresser and chest, would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!

Hi Jennifer,

First off, the bed is not an antique, it is a vintage bed dating back to the 1930's-40's.
In order for a piece of furniture to be a true antique it must be 100 years old or older.

The  West Michigan Furniture Company that made the bed was not one of the premier names
in the furniture trade and the bed is a dreamed-up stylized adaptation of a colonial style bed.  Pieces like this are of very little interest with today's world of buyers.

In fact, the state of the used furniture business is in a state of free-fall. Your
bed is perhaps worth $75. to $100.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.