Antique Furniture/Antique dressers

Question
Dresser Chest
Dresser Chest  

Shower Brother Company
Shower Brother Company  
I have two dressers that I would like to find the value for. The tall narrow dresser has a sticker on the back that shows that it is a Shower Brothers Company piece of furniture, catalog item 3945 1/2. They were located in Bloomington, Indiana. The other dresser matches, so I can only assume it was from the same location. The dressers do not have a date on them either. Please let me know the value of these dressers.
Thank you,
Aliscia

Answer
Hi Aliscia,

I assume you have taken the opportunity to read on-line the history of the Shower Brothers
Furniture Company.

While I am not certain what the market is like in your area, but I can tell you that this
style of furniture today has fallen out of favor with most buyers and it usually goes begging.

I feel that your pieces date to the 1920's and the value of these chest in clean condition
would price out at $225. to $275 each.

Good luck with them.

Best Wishes

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III