Antique Furniture/Antique dressers

Dresser Chest
Dresser Chest  

Shower Brother Company
Shower Brother Company  
I have two dressers that I would like to find the value for. The tall narrow dresser has a sticker on the back that shows that it is a Shower Brothers Company piece of furniture, catalog item 3945 1/2. They were located in Bloomington, Indiana. The other dresser matches, so I can only assume it was from the same location. The dressers do not have a date on them either. Please let me know the value of these dressers.
Thank you,

Hi Aliscia,

I assume you have taken the opportunity to read on-line the history of the Shower Brothers
Furniture Company.

While I am not certain what the market is like in your area, but I can tell you that this
style of furniture today has fallen out of favor with most buyers and it usually goes begging.

I feel that your pieces date to the 1920's and the value of these chest in clean condition
would price out at $225. to $275 each.

Good luck with them.

Best Wishes

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.