Antique Furniture/Burl Wood Chest

Question
Interior of Chest
Interior of Chest  
Burl Wood Chest
Burl Wood Chest  
QUESTION: I recently acquired this piece, including its key, and don't know anything about it. Its top two drawers have no pulls and only open with the key. Can you provide any information on the wood, style, age, period, market value and any other related info? Thanks.

ANSWER: please post a full view picture and a close picture of the burl area

QUESTION: I sent two additional photos after my original two. I have not heard back but I'm guessing you are taking some time off. Do you have any info about my piece? I don't mean to pressure you. I am grateful for whatever you have. Thanks.

ANSWER: i have not seen a full view picture or a picture of the burl

Burl-Trimmed dresser
Burl-Trimmed dresser  

Burl-trimmed dresser
Burl-trimmed dresser  
QUESTION: I'm trying to forward a full view photo & a picture of the burl. Everybody hope.

Answer
walnut and walnut burl.

late victorian style and period.

from the exterior I would have thought 1875 but the joints in the drawer in picture one appear to be machine cut making it about 15-20 years later but that doesnt affect the desirability.  everything else, including the sawmill cut marks on the lumber inside says good stuff.

i have paid 350 for these at auction, do some work and sell at 550-650.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein