Antique Furniture/chair

Question
front
front  
side
side  
QUESTION: any information on this chair is appreciated...it appears maybe rockers cut off or legs cut down.  thank you

ANSWER: i need a picture of underneath the seat

QUESTION: I just sent an email with underside of seat...thanks a million!

Answer
now, rub your hand across the bottom from side to side and tell me if there are shallow valley and crests about 1-1.5 inches from valley to valley or peak to peak, (crest to crest).  we are checking to see if the bottom was hand planed with a scrub plane or if it was run through an electric planer.  

look closely at the bottom into the light source and tell me if it is free of marks, or if there are parallel marks 0.25 inches apart or 1.5 inches apart.  still checking for plane marks

Antique Furniture

robert klein