Antique Furniture/chair

QUESTION: any information on this chair is appears maybe rockers cut off or legs cut down.  thank you

ANSWER: i need a picture of underneath the seat

QUESTION: I just sent an email with underside of seat...thanks a million!

now, rub your hand across the bottom from side to side and tell me if there are shallow valley and crests about 1-1.5 inches from valley to valley or peak to peak, (crest to crest).  we are checking to see if the bottom was hand planed with a scrub plane or if it was run through an electric planer.  

look closely at the bottom into the light source and tell me if it is free of marks, or if there are parallel marks 0.25 inches apart or 1.5 inches apart.  still checking for plane marks

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.