Antique Furniture/dresser

Question
dresser
dresser  

dresser
dresser  
hello Mr. Klein i bought this dresser for $5.00 and i am attempting to restore to an original look. i have stripped most of the horrible brown paint but now i need to know what type of pull knobs to purchase and the period it was made? thank you for your help. Tara E.

Answer
you are not near ready for pulls yet but i suggest you look at pictures of 1920s chest of drawers and dressers to determine what you should use.  there were many types of pulls used so my saying wont help you.  choose what you like from the many available.

just google 1920s dresser or chests and take a look.  or get the book:"American Manufactured furniture of the 1920s".

the missing veneer is the problem you face.  if you remove it on the one drawer that might be an option if you do not know how to replace veneer than you will have to match by staining techniques or paint the grain in to match the rest.

you are doing right buying an inexpensive piece to practice on.

wsi distributors is good
whitechapel is good
vandykes is ok

Antique Furniture

robert klein