Antique Furniture/Gossip bench

Gossip bench front view
Gossip bench front vie  

Gossip bench leg detail
Gossip bench leg detai  
Can help me with any details about the attached gossip bench. I know nothing about it. I have done some research but can not find another bench similar on the web to compare it to. I would be interested in any details, such as age, maker, value. I am happy to send more photos. Thanks in advance.

~Kim Wade

Hi Kim,

There is not too much I can tell you about this piece of furniture, except I
belive it was recently made in some third world country, where most of the vulgar
furniture has been coming from these days.

As to the value, it is worthless to anyone who knows fine furniture, so it is worth
what somebody with little knowledge is willing to pay for it and that is very little.

Personally, I would not accept it as a gift.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.