Antique Furniture/Lionhead desk

Question
Lionhead desk
Lionhead desk  

Lionhead desk II
Lionhead desk II  
I'm looking to sell this desk and I'm trying to find out any info I can about it,such as what kind of desk it is (secretary desk?), style, when it may have been made, value, etc.  I looked everywhere and I can find no labels or markings except a handwritten "W/W" in black ink or paint on the back.  Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Answer
made between 1920-40.  this is one of many forms of this style desk, fall front desk, or secretary desk.

the front is a modified block front form, some are flat, some are bow front, some are serpentine front.

yours is a fancier grade than many in this style.  by this style, i mean the ones with the carved fall front and brass gallery.

i have one in my shop, unfinished, not as nice as yours priced at 750.

more often that not items from the past are not marked as to the namufacturer.

originally itwould have been the same color but much darker.

Antique Furniture

robert klein