Antique Furniture/Original Duncan Phyfe?

Close up 1
Close up 1  

Close Up 2
Close Up 2  
Thank you for your time - photos attached.

Hi Lauren,

Judging by the photo's I would say that the piece dates to the 1930's to 1940's.

Having seen a number of period Duncan Phyfe pieces, including sofa's, the detail
work on your example is not representative of the New York shop of Duncan Phyfe

In particular, the carving work on the crest rail is lacking in the precision
carving found on Phyfe examples.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.