Antique Furniture/Sette

Question
sette
sette  

Hat Holder
Hat Holder  
I would like to find out from what timeframe this piece comes and an approximate value. Or anything else you might know. I hope the photos are clear for you this time. I was told the ball was for a gentleman to place his hat, maybe that's aclue. Thank you for your help.  Ginny

Answer
made around 1910.   most gentlemen placed their hats on their lap as was the formal custom, or on a hatrack at the entrance but furniture makers did gimmicks to enhance specialty sales on items.

very nice bench in the hepplewhite and sheraton styles.

if it is sturdy it should retail in a shop at 750.  remember that whoever buys it will change the upholstery to their own tastes, and added cost.

Antique Furniture

robert klein