Antique Furniture/Sette

Hat Holder
Hat Holder  
I would like to find out from what timeframe this piece comes and an approximate value. Or anything else you might know. I hope the photos are clear for you this time. I was told the ball was for a gentleman to place his hat, maybe that's aclue. Thank you for your help.  Ginny

made around 1910.   most gentlemen placed their hats on their lap as was the formal custom, or on a hatrack at the entrance but furniture makers did gimmicks to enhance specialty sales on items.

very nice bench in the hepplewhite and sheraton styles.

if it is sturdy it should retail in a shop at 750.  remember that whoever buys it will change the upholstery to their own tastes, and added cost.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.