Antique Furniture/Shower's Furniture China Cabinet

China Cabinet
China Cabinet  

China Cabinet2
China Cabinet2  
I recently bought this piece at a yard sale. It has a round metal tag on the inside of the door that reads "Showers Furniture." There is a small amount of damage on the side of the lower left corner. Some of the finish is worn as shown in the second photo, but the wood underneath is good.
I'm happy with the purchase price of $100 but wondered if it was worth more.
Thank you for any information you can provide.

Hi Susan,

Without attempting to sound like a furniture snob, but Showers Furniture is furniture built
to a price,not to a standard, back in the day.

Today, there is a downward spiral of interest for furniture of this style since there is so
much finer furniture coming onto the secondary market, due to today's younger buyers that rather put there money in an IPhone and be content to sit on the floor, in a matter of speaking.

Based on what I see happening in this country, the value of your china cabinet may be worth
half of what you paid for it in a year or two.  But if you like it, that is all that counts. Clean it up and put it to use.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.