Antique Furniture/can't find anything else like it

QUESTION: Do you know the value and year for a piece like this?

ANSWER: do you have the rest of it?

QUESTION: Yes it's all there. The wood is in very good shape but my grandpa who restores old furniture is working on refinishing it so this is the best picture I could find. My dad found it in his grandpas barn in about 1972. It has the original mirrors and glass as well. My parents said I can have it next so I just wanted to find out a little bit about it.

to restore, the mirrors need to come out and the glass out of the door.  then the stripping, gently sanding, stain, top clear coat, shellac or lacquer.  rubbing between coats to smooth with 320 no fil paper.

if it is all tight and the finish good the market value in a shop will be around 1200.

There will likely be a date on the back of the mirror when the mirror was made.  I suspect 1900-1915.

it is a much better than average side by side secretary bookcase.  used in dining areas, offices, entries.....

search <oak side by side>  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.