Antique Furniture/table

Question
table
table  
There is a table with a Kittinger plate on the bottom.  After looking on the web at Kittinger furniture, I wonder if it is truly a Kittinger.  I think it is a pretty table no matter what. What do you think?  I plan on purchasing it, even if it isn't.  Thank you for your time.  I have attached a picture.

Answer
Hi Nanette,

While the Kittinger Furniture Company made many different models of Jacobean style furniture from the 1920's and early 1930's I can not say for certain if this is one of their pieces.
What I can tell you is that the table has been stripped of it's dark finish which would have
had a dark coffee color. Though not original, I really like it in the lighter color.

What most buyers of Kittinger furniture look for today are the pieces that were made for
the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.  These pieces were made from 1936 to 1990. and it
was at that time that the Jacobean style pieces went out of favor and have never really returned.  My guess is that you should be able to purchase the table at a very attractive
price, considering the lack of interest.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III