Antique Furniture/table

There is a table with a Kittinger plate on the bottom.  After looking on the web at Kittinger furniture, I wonder if it is truly a Kittinger.  I think it is a pretty table no matter what. What do you think?  I plan on purchasing it, even if it isn't.  Thank you for your time.  I have attached a picture.

Hi Nanette,

While the Kittinger Furniture Company made many different models of Jacobean style furniture from the 1920's and early 1930's I can not say for certain if this is one of their pieces.
What I can tell you is that the table has been stripped of it's dark finish which would have
had a dark coffee color. Though not original, I really like it in the lighter color.

What most buyers of Kittinger furniture look for today are the pieces that were made for
the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.  These pieces were made from 1936 to 1990. and it
was at that time that the Jacobean style pieces went out of favor and have never really returned.  My guess is that you should be able to purchase the table at a very attractive
price, considering the lack of interest.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.