Antique Furniture/Unusual table

Unusual Table one
Unusual Table one  

Unusual Table Two
Unusual Table Two  
I posted this question a week or so ago and I think I have pictures now that will be helpful. Please help me to identify this.

"I recently purchased a small table, the likes of which I have never seen. It is small in stature and will sit against a wall and yet when you pull it away from the wall, the back section pulls out, the top flips back and leaves can be inserted to make seating for eight! An amazing engineering feat! The bottom is stamped with "130 Lex Chair Company". I have two leaves an although the entire table shows wear, it is a really neat piece. Do you have any idea of what this is?

Thank you so much,

you said in your feedback that you were looking for conformation of the manufacturer.  I did not understand that is what you wanted since you stated it was labeled lex chair company' i just assumed you would know it was from that company.  sorry.

it is a 1920-40 table that is designed with the early game table form combined with the expandable table form.  There were made in this form you have which is in the hepplewhite style with mahogany veneers on the tops.  Also these were made in chippendale style and sheraton styles.

I recently sold one similar, restored but it was made without leaves but did pull out frm the reat to accept the folding top.  price was 750 restored.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.