Antique Furniture/Virginia House by Lincoln Industries

I have a bedroom suite with the stamp on the inside of one of the dresser drawers "Virgina House by Lincoln Industries".  It is probably from the early fifties.

It consists of a full size bed with book shelf headboard and a triple dresser and mirror ( nine drawers in all - in sets of three - wide on each side with narrow drawers down the middle.

The style to me (and by no means am I an expert) is modern...perhaps even Danish Modern.  Very light maple wood.

I don't necessary want to sell it, since it's always been in the family, but was thinking of stripping and painting it.  The finish needs re-doing regardless of whether it's re-stained or painted.  Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't making a mistake by painting.

Could you estimate a value and whether or not I shouldn't paint?

If there's a chance that it's worth something, I could take a picture and attach if needed.

Thanks!  Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Without being able to see detailed photo's of what you are trying to describe,
I can not make any recommendations or comment.

What I can tell is if you paint these pieces, you can then plan on having an impossible
time trying to sell them, should you decide to sell them at a future date.

The greatest and most knowledgeable experts in the world can not deliver an accurate
opinion without seeing something.

Look at it this way, did YOU ever buy something without first seeing it??

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.