Antique Furniture/antique dresser

Antique Dresser
Antique Dresser  

Metal plate
Metal plate  
When recently helping clean a house we were given a dresser I believe to be from the early 1930's. It has 3 drawers, a mirror, and wheels. The top drawer has a green piece of metal in the top drawer that says Dutch Woodcraft Shops...Zeeland,Michigan. We would like to know a little more about this piece and what value it possibly holds.

it appears to be made 1910-20.  walnut or mahogany veneer on the faces, part of a set at one time but the company operated 1928-1940s.  what it appears is that they made colonial reproductions which were very popular in the 1900-1920s.  The made good items that sold and kept it up until they closed and merged.

retail in a shop if it is sturdy and the surfaces good, smooth and clean $400.

history is sparse but there is info in the book grand rapids furniture.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.