Antique Furniture/antique dresser

Question
Antique Dresser
Antique Dresser  

Metal plate
Metal plate  
When recently helping clean a house we were given a dresser I believe to be from the early 1930's. It has 3 drawers, a mirror, and wheels. The top drawer has a green piece of metal in the top drawer that says Dutch Woodcraft Shops...Zeeland,Michigan. We would like to know a little more about this piece and what value it possibly holds.

Answer
it appears to be made 1910-20.  walnut or mahogany veneer on the faces, part of a set at one time but the company operated 1928-1940s.  what it appears is that they made colonial reproductions which were very popular in the 1900-1920s.  The made good items that sold and kept it up until they closed and merged.

retail in a shop if it is sturdy and the surfaces good, smooth and clean $400.

history is sparse but there is info in the book grand rapids furniture.

Antique Furniture

robert klein