Antique Furniture/Antique rocker

Chair 2
Chair 2  

I recently purchased this rocker very reasonably and I am planning to have its cushion repaired.  I am interested in learning anything you may be able to tell me regarding its possible age or likely origination. I would also be interested in the value of it (although I have no plans to part with it).

Thank you!

ANSWER: how tall??

QUESTION: The chair is 40 inches tall.

where it was manufactured no one can tell you without a label.  there were 5000 companies churning out furniture back in the 1890-1910s when this was made.

the wood looks like maple or sweet gum, pic is not clear or close enought to tell with certainty.  

it would sell in a shop at 350-450 as shown.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.