Antique Furniture/Furnitures United

United drawer
United drawer  

united chest
united chest  
I'm the owner of United Furniture include: drawer with mirror, two nightstands(end table) and chest. My question is can you help me to estimate age or value or what kind of style furniture I have. To be honest I don't even know what kind of wood it is. I just found sticker with "UNITED FURNITURE CORPORATION". I will be very appreciate for your answer.

Thank You

Hi Natalia,

What you have are pieces that were made in the late 1950's to 1960's. This furniture, as far
as a style is concerned, is commonly referred to as stylized traditional furniture with not particular time period in mind. Made during a time period when furniture styles in this country, or no style as I refer to it, were sinking to new lows with each passing day.

While we still had a fair number of furniture factories in America, they were all doing
their own in house designs, rather than making copies of more important period antiques.

With buyers tastes changing towards more contemporary styles. pieces like yours are in a
free-fall, price wise.

Therefore, referring to my market studies, I place a value of $ $100. for the
Triple Dresser. $100. for the Linen Storage Chest and (not pictured) two Nightstand of $25.
to $50.each.

Good luck finding new homes for them.

Best Regards,
George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.