Antique Furniture/Furnitures United

Question
United drawer
United drawer  

united chest
united chest  
I'm the owner of United Furniture include: drawer with mirror, two nightstands(end table) and chest. My question is can you help me to estimate age or value or what kind of style furniture I have. To be honest I don't even know what kind of wood it is. I just found sticker with "UNITED FURNITURE CORPORATION". I will be very appreciate for your answer.

Thank You
Natalia

Answer
Hi Natalia,

What you have are pieces that were made in the late 1950's to 1960's. This furniture, as far
as a style is concerned, is commonly referred to as stylized traditional furniture with not particular time period in mind. Made during a time period when furniture styles in this country, or no style as I refer to it, were sinking to new lows with each passing day.

While we still had a fair number of furniture factories in America, they were all doing
their own in house designs, rather than making copies of more important period antiques.

With buyers tastes changing towards more contemporary styles. pieces like yours are in a
free-fall, price wise.

Therefore, referring to my market studies, I place a value of $75.to $100. for the
Triple Dresser. $100. for the Linen Storage Chest and (not pictured) two Nightstand of $25.
to $50.each.

Good luck finding new homes for them.

Best Regards,
George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III