Antique Furniture/identification of a table

CB table
CB table  
We have recently come into possession of a Conant Ball swivel top table. We have searched all over to find out info on this table and find a lot of info on Conant Ball but nothing on this specific table. It is in quite rough shape and before we do anything to it we decided to check and see what the best route is to handling this table. How do we determine how old it is? Does it have any value? Do we refinish ourselves and enjoy the table or does it need to be professionally restored?

Since you have already done some research work for Conant Ball, I will not
bother to bore you with company history.  What I can tell you is that it is
next to impossible to find information on specific pieces of 20th century
furniture since most pieces do not have any historic significance.

The value of the table, once it is restored, would be worth $250. to $350.

What you have to ask yourself is how much it means to you and what intended
use you will derive from it.

That will give you a better idea how much money you wish to spend for it's

Today, it is very easy to spend more in restoration costs than a piece of
furniture is worth, with the untold millions of pieces that are out there.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.