Antique Furniture/Identify Chair with Carved Face

Hello. I have an arm-less chair with a high back carved with a face with the tongue out. It is assembled with old flat-head screws and wood pegs to attach the back. It has queen anne front legs. Some damage to the tips of the high back and the bottom of the legs. Can you tell me if this is an American Renaissance Revival piece or otherwise identify? Any idea of value? Higher resolution images are available if required. Thank you.

while waiting for more pictures i forgot to tell you that this style is an adaptation of a european german design.  not the carving but the form.

send more pics to my email as attachments, and include the original question

show carving
show more underneath

not renaissance revival but this style was common in the 1890-1920 era.  it is a mix of euro and American designs, more after pictures

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.