Antique Furniture/Kittinger Buffet Table- what's it worth

Kittinger table
Kittinger table  
We inherited this gorgeous kittinger table from my husband' slate grandmother. She was all about old fashioned to the point that even her home still had the old wiring in tact from so many years ago. She was a wonderful woman and lived a very happy 92 years! Anyway, we inherited this piece thinking nothing of it until this morning sitting on the couch I noticed the metal plaque on the back of the table saying it was a Kittinger. Curiosity got the better of me and that lead me here after a google search. We have no intention of selling it since it's a family heirloom but I am curious to know how much it may be worth and about how old it is. Can you help?

Hi Mandy,

Your Kittinger console table dates to the 1920's when the Kittinger Furniture Company, not unlike many other furniture companies at the time, were producing Baroque and Jacobean
styles of furniture.  The demand for this particular style was brought on by the the
large amount of Tudor style homes being built back in the 1920's.

But then, the Colonial Revival period came along and put a halt to the heavily carved
furniture and along came colonial adaptation and reproduction style furniture.

The Kittinger Furniture Company found themselves at the forefront for reproducing
18th century colonial style furniture when they were approached by the Colonial Williamsburg
Foundation, to offer a public that was interested, not only in the houses but the correct style of furniture to decorate the interiors.

I feel it is important for you to understand this little bit of history, so that you can understand why the values for pieces like yours have been suppressed for many years.

A market study for your console table, taking into consideration that it shows a fair amount
of sun-fading, I place a range of $350. to $475. for the table.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.