Antique Furniture/mahogany dresser with mirror

Question
Dresser w/mirror
Dresser w/mirror  
QUESTION: The attached picture is a dresser that has been in my husband's family for at least 90. It was housed in Massachusetts and then New Hampshire.  Would like to identify style and value.  On the back of the dresser are two labels.  One says Harper Furniture Co. in North Carolina and the other says Mahogany #1205.

ANSWER: the company opened in 1900.  it is a mahogany wood chippendale style dresser.  made around 1920-40.

selling in a shop would price at 400.

QUESTION: What does the number 1205 on the label mean?

Answer
that type number is proprietary to the company.  they are inventory or style numbers.  much like a model number.  sometimes, if a company is still in business and older records have not been destroyed it is possible to find out exactly what it denotes from the company.  some are helpful in that regard, others are not.

Antique Furniture

robert klein