Antique Furniture/Rustic Table and Buffet

Question
Cindi Table and Chairs
Cindi Table and Chairs  
QUESTION: Hi Bob, Thanks for being available so much of the time for assistance!
I am inquiring about the correct style name, approximate date of manufacture, and resale value for a set that includes a table, 4 chairs and a buffet.  All I know about them is that they were purchased in 1979 at an antique mall in S. California.  They are in good condition but do not have any markings.Table:   
   3 x 3 w/o extensions
   3 x 5 w/extensions
   Extensions hide underneath the table until you need them  - Great for smaller spaces!
   4 Chairs with beautiful carvings
   Table and chairs have been gently used with some minor nicks/scratches
Buffet:
   59.5 L x 19 D
   Hand-carved oak with original hardware
   Large mirror in the center with a smaller mirror on each side
   3 drawers, 2 painted-door cabinets, 2 open shelves in center
   Rustic flower design is on each cabinet door
Thank you!

ANSWER: I can only comment on what is pictured.

The table is a draw leaf table with rope or barley twist legs.

It is oak made around 1900-1920s.

The panels are veneered with quartersawn oak veneer, the frames are usually unveneered oak.

We find these made in the USA and also imported from the UK, Belgium.

Two years a shop close to me sold a table and 4 chairs like yours for 700$.

I will respond about the buffet when i see it.

Cindi\'s....
Cindi's....  

Cindi\'s....
Cindi's....  
QUESTION: Hi Bob, thanks for your speedy reply..  I apparently forgot to send a pic of the buffet which I am attaching here.  Thanks for all the info so far on the table/chairs.  Blessings to you!

Answer
the buffet should not be sold as part of the table and chairs.  it is in a different catagory, wood, age, style and is 10-20 years earlier.  regardless, the buffet is way more desirable than the table and chairs.  not saying that the table and chairs are not good, they are but not like the buffett.

the buffet sold separately should bring 1000-1400.

Antique Furniture

robert klein