Antique Furniture/Antique Dresser

I purchased this dresser at a yard sale, I don't know alot about it, but I have taken many picture for your reference. I don't see an email or I would have emailed them to you.  

I'd like to know the year and the value.  It was black when I brought it home, but after a light cleaning, the true colors are coming through, it looks like Cherry (I am a novice in wood) the drawers are dove-tailed. It had glass nobs, iron casters and wooden wheels.  The mirror is beveled and shows a few black age spots inside it. It has 2 drawers on the top, side by side and then 2 drawers the length of the dresser. This dresser is quite long 5-6 feet. The sink is not attached, I just set it there.

I have many pictures if you wish to email me for them .  

Thank you in advanced for any assistance you may have.

made around 1910-20s in the empire style.

wood will be mahogany veneer and perhaps some birch staned mahogany.

as to wood identification, wood grain, both end and side and quartered are first, next color comes into plya but not a stained color but an area that is not finished.

a piece at auction would fetch about 250, in a shop the fair market value would be at 4-600 depending on the condition.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.