Antique Furniture/Kittinger table

Question
kittinger table
kittinger table  

number on kittinger table
number on kittinger ta  
We inherited this table from relatives. Was wondering the value of it. There is a brass lable that says Kittinger and a stamp in the wood with the number 983. Thanks for your help

Answer
Hi Mary Pat,

Thanks for sending along your question regarding the 1920's Jacobean style console table.

Having dealt in Kittinger furniture for the past 45 years, I can tell you that the pieces
the Kittinger company produced in their earlier years, such as your table, have not been met with great enthusiasm, in the more recent years.

Kittinger has always been a brand in the marketplace that has represented fine woods
and excellent construction practices. It was not until the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg
and the Kittinger company being selected as the exclusive maker of furniture reproductions that
truly put the Kittinger company on the map. The furniture reproduction program which started in 1937 and lasted until 1990 are the pieces that are hugely sought after to this day.

The problem, as I see it, with the earlier Jacobean pieces are their heaviness and dark
finishes, but I do not see this as an issue with you table.

First off, the smaller size of your table, has a lovely light feel and the lighter finish is
also a plus.  It is a piece that can be used in various parts of the house, functioning as a
hall table or can be used as a small desk for working at a laptop computer, not taking up an
inordinate amount of space.

I place a value of $600. to $750.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III