Antique Furniture/table

name under table
name under table  
I would like to know what information you can give me on this table. It was my uncle's and he has passed away 20+ years ago.
The table is oval 18" wide x 24" long it has a top lip around the top of table that rises above the table top. It is higher on the ends by about 1 inch and only 1/4 on the sides. It also has metal three toes on each foot.

brand is mersman, they made a lot of furniture

top is mahogany veneer, gallery probably is as well.  base is either mahogany or
sweet gum stained mahogany.  lots of damage to the top but easily remedied.

as it sits retail in a store about 75.

base is called a harp or lyre base.  legs are sabre shaped legs.  it is a lamp or tea table.

restoration would cost about 150-225.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.