Antique Furniture/virginia house

virginia house
virginia house  
Hi my mom bought this piece in an estate sale for $500.00. And we are trying to sell it, but we don't know the value of the piece.  Could you please give me some insight?

depending on where you live, the point of sale and type of advertising, 450-650.  possibly 750.  it is jacobean style with the 1920s look.  in a shop the price would be around 850-1200, again depending on the type of shop and the area.  good reputable shops can get more than a private seller.

check similar items at shops in your area to get a feel for the market there.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.