Antique Furniture/antique desk

Question
desk
desk  

desk detail
desk detail  
I would like to know the style and year for this compact desk and retail value. The finish was originally wood but it has been painted. I believe the hardware is still original, I guess bronze or brass.
thank you!!

Answer
Federal style desk.  probably mahogany veneer under the paint.  made around 1920-40.

as shown it would sell in a shop at 250 tops but then again if someone is wanting one painted like that you could get more,  if it were not painted but wore the original finish in good condition it could sell at 525.

perfect home size!

Antique Furniture

robert klein