Antique Furniture/antique desk

desk detail
desk detail  
I would like to know the style and year for this compact desk and retail value. The finish was originally wood but it has been painted. I believe the hardware is still original, I guess bronze or brass.
thank you!!

Federal style desk.  probably mahogany veneer under the paint.  made around 1920-40.

as shown it would sell in a shop at 250 tops but then again if someone is wanting one painted like that you could get more,  if it were not painted but wore the original finish in good condition it could sell at 525.

perfect home size!

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.