Antique Furniture/Antique dining room table/chairs

Question
Antique dining room table
Antique dining room ta  

Table end view
Table end view  
I am thinking of buying this dining room set, table and 4 chairs. They are in poor condition, but they look really old to me. The price is $260. They would need to be refinished but I'm not sure if it's worth it. The chair had a label "Hale Chair Company, Vermont". The owner gave me permission to send you these pictures. The table is a drop leaf with the center "leaf" folding in half and dropping underneath for storage. Not sure what kind of wood. Do you think there is value as an antique? How old do you think it is? Would it be worth refinishing?

Answer
from the 1920-30s.

if you have to have it refinished the investment will exceed the market value.
If you can wax it up using a colored Briwax then it is a good buy

to reglue chairs would cost about 100 each.  to refinish table and chairs 1000$.

Antique Furniture

robert klein