Antique Furniture/Chest of Drawers

chest of drawers
chest of drawers  

Hello, I have had this chest of drawers made for M Friedman and Co. I obtained it in 1983 from an antique store with not much history. Can you give me an approx date and value?

Friedman was a furniture reseller and did not manufacturer furniture so we will never know who manufactured this chest.  

it was made around 1900 in the empire style.  the front is done in walnut veneer, well matched.  

if i had the mirror I woud sell it at 750. 650 without.  assuming there was one.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.