Antique Furniture/Follow-up pics for Antique Inlaid Mahogany Curved Front Buffet

Antique Inlaid Mahogany Curved Front Buffet
Antique Inlaid Mahoga  

Antique Inlaid Mahoga  
Hi Bob,

Hope you had a great weekend! Please find attached pics you have requested for the inlaid mahogany display cabinet. I have again checked the locks and I have found a very small mark on one of the lock but I can figure out the maker. I have attached a pic of that as well.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

The lock marking shows that it is a Lever lock, that is a type of lock.  i see more of them from england than in the USA but that means little trying to determine where the piece came from.

It is well made and most stylish, the other pictrues sent show well done construction.  the styling and construction manner are timeless and have been made for many decades and even a couple of centuries but i do believe this to be from the 1920-40s.  HOWEVER, it is confusing since all the surfaces are finished and finished well.  usually this is not done on older pieces.

based on what i have seen in the past, i know this was quality made and finished, good hardware, not cheap at all.  the doors are not a common feature and at first i was thinking there might have been a top section like a cabinet or etagere top but you said there was no indication of that.  everything says quality made.

as to a value, based on what i see and regardless of the age i see this selling in a good shop at 2000$.

if i were able to inspect this whth hands and eyes on i could be accurate in dating this but would really have to look under and at screws and under the top board and inside the bottoms of the feet.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.