Antique Furniture/Kittinger Coffee Table

Question
Botton of Table
Botton of Table  

Coffee Table
Coffee Table  
I recently purchased a Kittinger Coffee Table wit pull out sides at an estate sale in Shreveport Louisiana.  The ironic things is I am originally from Buffalo New York.  I know very little about Kittinger furniture except that it is high quality.  The tag underneath is mark "serial 23".  Do you have any information on this table.

Answer
Dear Mary,

Your coffee table was most likely made in the 1960's.  While Kittinger is very fine
furniture not all of it is I demand today due to specific styles, such as your table.

What Kittinger was best known for were the pieces that they made for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation. These were pieces that are copies of English and American antiques.

Since coffee tables are not antiques but pieces that various furniture companies designed
to meet the demand at the time, today Kittinger buyers do not seem to be interested in
these stylized examples.

The value is not on the same level as the Williamsburg reproduction pieces, so therefore
the value winds up being less.  I value your table in the $250. - #300. range if
the finish is I fine condition.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteeriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III