Antique Furniture/vintage dining table

Leaf on end
Leaf on end  
Iíve purchased this table, with 4 chairs.  The ends of the table pull out, for a leaf that unfolds,  the leafs are folded in half under the table.  It has ĎDevon Style U.S. Patent 1894220í stenciled underneath on one of the unfolding leafs.  Iím trying to find out a date, style and who would have made the table.  Any help identifying it would be appreciated.

it is from the 1920s and is colonial revival in style.

as to manufacturer, there were 5000 in operation so without a label no one can help with that.  look carefully underneath for a label.

i cannot tell the wood from the photo but if you use the followup function and post a close clear picture of the grain i might can help with that.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.