Antique Furniture/Weiman hall table

I recently purchased a Weiman table for $50 from a garage sale.  As shown in the pictures, it was painted when I purchased it and apparently left outside as the wood on the bottom is warped and damaged.  Don't really care about the value; mostly concerned about the era it comes from and what it could kind of wood it could possibly be made out of.  Trying to refinish it and bring it back to its former glory.  Can't find the exact item anywhere online.  Is it just that rare?

"Weiman Furniture Company, 2578 Eleventh Street, 1940. The Weiman Company to Rockford in 1935 from Chicago, leased the old Rockford Union Furniture company building until 1940 when they built a new, large modern plant. They manufactured Weiman "Heirloom Quality" Occasional Furniture. They would remain in business in Rockford until 1968."

your table would have been from the 50s-60s.  I think that this was painted from the factory as many of their tables were.  The wood is tulip poplar which makes it good for you once stripped as tulip poplar takes stain well so you can do any color easily.

Weiman manufactured thousands of tables, that you cannot find this one online is not unusual.

once done, properly, smooth, and ready this would have a market value of 350-400.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.