Antique Furniture/Antique Inlaid Flame Mahogany Federal Buffet

Question
Antique Inlaid Flame Mahogany Federal Buffet
Antique Inlaid Flame M  

Antique Inlaid Flame M  
Hi Bob,

I purchased this Federal style flame mahogany serpentine front buffet. It is a very large size, 78" in length, no makers mark, only brass handles are marked KBCO F175 and back of furniture is also marked 2871. It has one skeleton key which open side cabinet doors. Also has 2 very unique and deep drawers on each side. I assume it is easy 1900's, since it has a number printed on the back but I would like to know what year is it form, also I would like to know how much it is worth. I think it is American made since the handles mark. Thank you so much in advance for your expert advise and help. Sincerely, Erika

Answer
probably 1920-40, i would have to inspect in person to get closer.

the vertical drawers is a feature we see in 1810-30 sideboards in the sheraton and hepplewhite federal styles for wine bottles.

I would agree that it is definitely American made and in the classic more desirable form.

the mahogany flame grain veneers are well chosen and well matched, something we see in better pieces.  add to that the serpentine shape and the turned and reeded legs and you have it all.

values differ depending on geographical location and point of sale.  a reasonable price in an average shop might run 1500 but in a higher end store could go to 2800.  insurance replacement pricing would be higher by 2X to 2.5X

Antique Furniture

robert klein