Antique Furniture/Berkey and Gay bedroom furniture set

We have inherited a Berkey and Gay bedroom set and am wondering if you could tell us the value. The slegh bed is full size and there is a side table,vanity with a small rocking chair and a chest of drawers. It says the wood is walnut and gumwood. Do you have an idea when it was made? There is a brass emblem in the dresser drawer and under the side table with Berkey and Gay printed on it. Thank you for any information.
Karen and Greg

Hi Greg,

Your pieces were made about 1910 to 1920. Due to the style of these pieces which depending
where you are located in the country the value for the set would be $700. to 850.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.