Antique Furniture/Ceylon Table & 4 chairs

Question
Ceylon Chair
Ceylon Chair  
Ceylon Table
Ceylon Table  
QUESTION: What would the value, be for this piece?
Is it indeed a 1950's piece & classified 'teak' as I've been told?

This was my grandmothers. My mother told me it was purchased in the mid 1950's. It only has the 4 chairs shown in the picture and the table has 1 leaf. Without the leaf the table is 4'x3', with the leaf it's 4'x3'. I think it's in very good condition. The only thing changed on it has been the fabric on the chair pads.

Please advise. Many thanks!

ANSWER: i cant see the wood grain close enough to determine if it is teak wood.

color of course is stated on the chair as soft tone walnut or medium walnut as we say today.

mid century furniture is becoming popular and in my area this would sell at 800-1000.

Ceylon 1950\'s table
Ceylon 1950's table  
QUESTION: Hello! It's great to be able to contact someone like yourself.

I've attached a photo of the wood grain. Is it enough of a sample to make a determination as to if this piece is teak wood?

Answer
the company uses a lot of native hardwoods and thae grain here doesnt have some of the characteristics of teak.  more like elm or birch.

teak usually ages to a darker brown and is a fairly oily wood.

but, i can always be wrong, teak grain is a little courser too.

Antique Furniture

robert klein