Antique Furniture/Chairs from Charlotte Chair Co

I would like to know about when these chairs were made and their current value and anything else about them of interest.  A tag on the bottom of one of them says:

Charlotte Chair Company
Charlotte, Michigan

No. 2552
Cover No. 1790
Grade E

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately there is not any archival information about your chairs.

They were most likely made in the 1940's 50' and it would depend how large a set
you have, but you can figure on $25. to $35. per chair.

It is a fairly costly chair to reupholster and not made by a finer furniture company,
keeping the desirably at a minimum.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.